Documents

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 ... 3782» Next»

Download PDF

Pigg River Covered Bridge

The south fork of the Staunton River was named after John Pigg sometime after his purchasing land along its north side. The original Pigg River Covered Bridge was built in 1768 by Jacob Stover, Sr. In the early 19th century, the bridge became traditionally called the Lou's Island bridge, owing to Lou, a relative of the Noward family, having been drowned while fording the river on horseback, and being found washed up on a small island near the bridge.


File namePigg River Covered Bridge.pdf
File Size465.28k
Linked toJacob Stover, Sr.

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 ... 3782» Next»




Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources